What is LimaxLock Mobile Device Management (MDM)
In recent years the use of mobile devices increases exponentially. Even at the workplace, employees bringing their smartphones. The mobile devices will provide more flexibility to employees, it will improve the communication speed, helps in enriching the workflow by extending the business processes which will lead to a competitive edge environment in the corporate world. It allows the sharing of resources in a faster and more collaborative way so that employees can take quick decisions and complete the task within the deadline. The portability feature facilitates better customer services which will lead to generating more revenue, and it will enrich the organization's image and gave an edge over other competitors. An employer also allows and appreciates it because of its professional usage, increased efficiency, and productivity. Unfortunately, this trend has given birth to different problems in aspects of security, privacy, spoofing, stealing of data, malware attacks, bypassing access control, miss usage. By stealing the time from the paid working hours, employees can be active on social media platforms, might visit a rogue website, or can perform a personal task which will badly affect the throughput of the organization. As employees having different kinds of devices with different operating systems, an organization will need to face challenges in supporting all multiple device models. As mobile devices contain personal information it will become more complex to handle. All these problems can be effectively solved by adapting the LimaxLock Mobile Device Management (MDM).
Need for LimaxLock Mobile Device Management?
LimaxLock MDM is software whose aim is to monitor the mobile devices within an organization. Every organization has to keep a close eye on the devices used by their employees while working on the premises of an organization irrespective of whether it is company-owned or personal devices (BYOD). LimaxLock MDM is becoming an important aspect of Enterprise Mobility Management, Android for Work, and Endpoint Management. IT Administrators can use these tools to remotely control the entire access of the employee’s devices and protect the enterprise from threats. It will not only optimize the device proper usage but also can be used for basic to advanced typed configurations along with security settings. LimaxLock MDM software suitable for mobile phones with different hardware configurations as well as a different operating system.
Working of LimaxLock Mobile Device Management
LimaxLock MDM tools work on two key elements first is MDM server residing in a data center and another is the MDM agent which resides on a mobile device. IT Administer has to configure a new policy on the server management console when there is a need to add a new device to a corporate network. These processes just require a few clicks and a new device with enabled MDM is ready. The server will apply changes to the MDM agent. LimaxLock MDM server agent can deploy, configure, control, and manage the websites, applications according to changed policies through allowed external applications and devices built-in API’s.
Benefits of LimaxLock Mobile Device Management
LimaxLock MDM platform will enable the companies to protect data and other resources through device-level policies. It will provide all necessary features like device management, access of allowed applications and websites, single/multi-app mode, Kiosk browser, locking and unlocking of the device remotely, registration and authentic enrolment, application management, settings with a user restricted access, Enterprise App Store, location tracking, other permission access like Wi-Fi, overlay permission and Android For Work (afw). Mobile Application Management which is a part of LimaxLock MDM will facilitate the Administrators to select, deploy, configure, remove, update the external usable applications, websites on the MDM agent and also monitor the individual app usage which is either installed on companies' own devices or personal own devices used by employees. This central application selection policy will make the management of devices much easier which are connected to the corporate network. The Administrators can view the real-time monitoring details of individual employees without even refreshing the page and even lock/unlock any end-user device remotely. This real-time auto data updating feature will take an additional edge in monitoring the devices.
How does LimaxLock Mobile Device Management fit into my IT strategy
MDM becomes an important aspect when your company’s employees using smartphones, connecting them to the corporate network while working. If your employee has access to files, resources, or any other sensitive information then it becomes essential to go with LimaxLock MDM software tools. Through LimaxLock MDM employers can select the applications/websites from Enterprise App Store or play store and install them remotely on employees’ phones without any permission from local devices. There is a single/multi-mode application facility available. Admin has the power to choose which application can be visible on the employee screen and which have indirect access through other applications. Employees can’t install any application by own. All end-user phones and app usage information are visible to admin in detail. It has a facility to add multiple admin accounts as well. Without MDM, organizations need to face a lot of security issues if any single lost device has access to confidential information. If private/confidential information is misused then the organization may need to pay costly fees and lawsuits related to compliance violations
Comparison factors for Mobile Device Management tool
While choosing MDM software considers the following options to distinguish.
- Security: - Every MDM tool available in the market will provide security. There is a need to consider the higher level of security provided by businesses with a significant amount of sensitive data.
- Devices supported: - MDM tool should support different hardware configurations and the different operating systems running on mobile devices
- Integration: - The integration of the MDM agent with the MDM server should be proper. All changes need to reflect in real-time to provide a better monitoring experience for admin
What to look for in an MDM solution
The following is the list of some of the essential features that anyone could look for while adapting the MDM for their organization.
- MDM should be a cloud-based service
- All updates should be real-time and refreshing the page, again and again, is not required
- 24x7 full monitoring support and Own browser support
- Single/multi-application mode
- Essential security policies enforcement like a password
- Prevent unauthorized access to the phone by remote data wiping
- Remotely assigning permission with restricted setting access at the end-user level
- For corporate data backup and restore facility
- Remote disabling as well as remote locking and unlocking of authorized devices
- Remote select, deploy, configure, update of necessary external applications
- Through single panel installing of multiple applications on multiple devices remotely
- Customization facility and scalability for the new users
Functional Life Cycle of LimaxLock Mobile Device Management
There are main four phases in the LimaxLock Mobile Device Management Life Cycle.
- Enroll: - The first step in LimaxLock MDM is the device enrolment. Registration of a device is mandatory for allowing authorized device access within an organization. Device enrolment has two key factors. The first is the Configuration part and the second involves actual onboarding on an end-user device. Enrolment can be done depending upon a suitable use case scenario. IT department has a choice to make onboarding and configuration before or after user assignment devices.
This is the most decisive phase among all. The end-user has no need to worry
about configuration settings, allowed application list, and other
IT Admin can do set up everything for all end-users remotely. The managing phase focusing on admin facilitates the following.
Deploying configurations, such as corporate network accessibility to enrolled devices.
Making essential websites, applications, and data resources available to end-user.
Choosing a single/multi-application mode
Enabling security restrictions and granting the required permissions remotely.
Disabling all distractive applications access points.
Configuring data loss and prevention policies.
- Monitor: - Monitoring is a contiguous ongoing process throughout the life cycle. The controlling and monitoring of all end user’s actions can be done remotely. IT admin can set the compliance setting for enrolled devices depending upon the organizational need which could vary from one organization to another.
- Secure: - The final phase is to secure the data of all enrolled devices. The data are available in the form of reports in the LimaxLock MDM management console. These reports will give a brief description of all enrolled devices and their compliance status. The monitoring of the individual end-user and judging the performance parameter is possible. In an audit, this report information will play a vital role.